Friday, January 25, 2008

Total Yummo!

This is probably one of my favorite jello/fruit salads ever. It's super easy to make and doesn't take a lot of time. I made a big batch this morning and am totally loving it!

Heavenly Salad

1 20 oz can Crushed pineapple
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup cold water
1 packet of Knox unflavored gelatin
8 oz cream cheese
1 cup whipping cream

Heat pineapple and sugar until it just starts to boil.
Soften gelatin in the cold water.
Mix the pineapple sugar mixture with the cream cheese.
Blend until creamy.
Add the gelatin water and mix well. (Like you're making regular jello)
Chill until slightly quivery.
Whip the whipping cream (I add a little bit of vanilla and sugar to sweeten mine) and blend it in to the salad.
Chill until completely set up --like Jello.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

jaesi said...

oh yummo....I have been feeling like this sort of salad for awhile...thanks!

Red said...

Wow! I so love this background... where do you find these cute things?!?

How did it get so late so soon? It's night before it's afternoon. December is here before it's June. My goodness how the time has flown. how did it get so late so soon? -Dr. Seuss